Bologna Course Catalogue
In order to reach Bologna course catalogue, please see (Bologna ders içeriklerine ulaşmak için TIKLAYINIZ.)
Students who are nominated by home university should fill in the below forms and send them to email@example.com before the deadlines.
If a student has decided to pursue a study period of 3-12 months in Afyon Kocatepe University and has successfully fulfilled the application procedure, he/she will receive a Letter of Acceptance. It is sent to the student when the university has received the application form and the learning agreement has been approved.
Erasmus students will receive all the necessary assistance in organizing the study process and accommodation from International Relations Office. There will be Turkish students assigned to Erasmus students who will help the students to feel at home in Afyonkarahisar and Turkey. All Erasmus students are also encouraged to participate in an orientation course on Turkish culture.
Language of Instruction
The main language of instruction at Afyon Kocatepe University is Turkish. However, international programmes in English are offered in certain faculties. Please contact International Relations Office for more information on the courses offered for a particular academic year or semester.
A valid passport is requested to enter Turkey. Passports term of validity should be at least 6 months longer than your planned duration of stay in Turkey. Regardless of whether the duration of the stay is short or long, students have to apply for a residence permit.
Documents needed to receive a residence permit to study in Turkey:
• Four photos (Suitable for a document) + a photo in a CD
• An official writing (Shows the study period in related school and will be given by the International Relations Office by the time the student arrives at the university)
. Health Insurance (Please make your health insurance in Turkey. Immigration Center only accepts insurances in Turkish Language. It costs about 250 TL)
. Nomination or Grant Letter from your home university (International Relations Office in AKU will give it to you.)
• Registering payment for residence permit card
- Medico-Social Centre serving under the Directorate of Health, Culture and Sports is the first place when the students studying at our university have any health problems. When they are admitted to the centre their first treatment is done, if necessary they are sent to Ahmet Necdet Sezer Training and Research Hospital.
- Medico-Social Centre has a staff involved closely in all the health problems of our students. The center offers psychological counselling services to students as well as performing studies on students’ mental health. Students with health problems are examined and treated by specialist at Medico-social centres.
- “Students Emergency Transportation Vehicle” service is provided, 7 days 24 hours, at the university. This vehicle service, also, offer service to the students that are stuck in the city centre campuses of the university because of the late ending classes and if there is no other transportation available. Moreover, the students who are in need of emergency transport vehicle for health reasons at their dormitories can benefit from this service. For this service a car and a driver is kept ready at Ahmet Necdet Sezer Campus. “Students Emergency Transportation Vehicle” service can be reach by calling 228 11 39.
After a student has successfully finished the agreed programme of study, the study information and assessment are presented at the International Relations Office which will issue a certificate confirming that the agreed programme of study has been successfully completed.
Cost of Living
Expenses depend very much on your personal spending habits and expenses for travelling and social life. But generally 200-250 € can be considered as enough for a student who wishes to study in Afyonkarahisar.
Transport: How to reach Afyonkarahisar?
Transportation by car:
Afyonkarahisar is 455 km from Istanbul (takes approximately 5 hours); 260 km from Ankara (3 hours); 330 km from İzmir (4 hours); 290 km from Antalya (3.15 hours).
Transportation by plane:
Zafer Airport is the closest airport to Afyonkarahisar. You can see the flight details on its website (http://www.zafer.aero/EN/)
There is always a shuttle to Afyonkarahisar soon after landing of the plane. After about 50 minutes, you can reach the city.
Transportation by bus:
From Istanbul Atatürk Airport to Afyonkarahisar: After your plane lands in Atatürk Airport, follow the signs to subway and go to the main bus station (In Turkish it is written as Otogar). At the bus station, you can get on a bus to Afyonkarahisar after you buy tickets from ANADOLU, KAMİL KOÇ, NİLÜFER, PAMUKKALE, bus companies. It takes 7 hours and costs about 75 Turkish lira which is approximately 15€.
From İzmir Adnan Menderes Airport to Afyonkarahisar: After your plane lands to the airport, get on public bus (204-express otobüsü) to the main bus station. Or you can wait for airport shuttle (HAVAŞ) to go to the Bus Station. At the bus station, you can find ANADOLU, KAMİL KOÇ, NİLÜFER, PAMUKKALE bus companies to come Afyonkarahisar. It takes 5 hours and costs about 40 Turkish lira which is approximately 8€.
From Ankara Esenboğa Airport to Afyonkarahisar: After your plane lands, get on airport shuttle called as HAVAŞ or public bus to go the Bus Station (AŞTİ). At the bus station, find the ANADOLU, KAMİL KOÇ, NİLÜFER, PAMUKKALE bus companies to come Afyon. It takes 3.15 hours and costs about 40 Turkish lira which is approximately 8€.
(it will be better for you if you make a reservation for bus seat before you come) For more detailed information, please do not hesitate to contact with us firstname.lastname@example.org
Buses can be used to get around in Afyonkarahisar, to reach University, hostel or hospitals. Students can obtain a student’s transport card which makes travelling by public transport cheaper.
International Turkish telephone code is +90.
Emergency phone numbers:
110 Fireman Service
170 Tourist information service
187 Gas accident service
(When you are inside the Turkish Republic borders, you can directly call these numbers without adding any extra code and the call is free of charge.)
For detailed information please feel free to contact IRO.
Afyon Kocatepe University International Relations Office
Tel: + 90 (272) 444 03 03 / 1570 (Ext.) + 90 (272) 228 13 03
Fax: +90 (272) 228 13 51
E-mail: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: www.aku.edu.tr (Then please click International Relations Office) / www.uim.aku.edu.tr
Address: International Relations Office Afyon Kocatepe University Gazlıgol Yolu ANS Campus 03200 Afyonkarahisar TURKIYE